Monday, October 5, 2026

David Bowie


 



















Artist:  David Bowie
Born:  David Robert Jones.  January 8, 1947.  Brixton, London, England
Died:  January 10, 2016 (Aged 69).  Manhattan, New York, USA
Cause Of Death:  Liver Cancer
Genre:   Pop, Rock, Pop Rock, Art Rock, Glam Rock, Electronic, Psychedelic Rock, Hard Rock, Folk Rock, Proto-Punk, Blue-Eyed Soul, Dance Rock, Album Rock, Contemporary Pop, Experimental Rock

Occupation:  Musician, Actor, Record Producer
Instruments:  Vocals


David Bowie was an English Singer, Songwriter and Musician, who also worked as an Actor and Record Producer.  "Space Oddity" became his first top-five entry on the UK Singles Chart after its release in July 1969.  He first major US crossover success with the No. 1 single "Fame" and the album Young Americans.  He sold over 140 million records worldwide.  In UK, he was awarded nine Platinum album certifications, eleven Gold and eight Silver and released eleven No. 1 Albums.  In US, he received five Platinum and seven Gold Certifications.  He was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1996.
















Title:  ThTitle:  The Shel Talmy Recordings (2026)

Genre:   Pop, Rock, Pop Rock, Art Rock, Glam Rock, Electronic, Psychedelic Rock, Hard Rock, Folk Rock, Proto-Punk, Blue-Eyed Soul, Dance Rock, Album Rock, Contemporary Pop, Experimental Rock

Label:  Parlophone

Rating:   *****


Format:  CD


Tracks:


 1.  You've Got A Habit Of Leaving (David Jones And The Lower Third) (2:31)

 2.  I Want Your Love (David Jones And The Lower Third) (2:32)

 3.  Cupid (David Jones And The Lower Third) (3:05)

 4.  I Pity The Fool (The Manish Boys) (2:12)

 5.  Baby Loves That Way (David Jones And The Lower Third) (3:00)

 6.  Keep Up With The Jones (Instrumental) (David Jones And The Lower Third) (2:02)

 4.  I'll Follow You (David Jones And The Lower Third) (1:59)

 5.  Take My Tip (The Manish Boys) (2:13)

 6.  Glad I've Got Nobody (David Jones And The Lower Third) (2:28)

 7.  Leave Her To Me (David Jones And The Lower Third) (2:48)

 8.  I'll Follow You (David Jones And The Lower Third) (Early On 1964-1966) (1:59)

 9.  You Gotta Tell Her (David Jones And The Lower Third) (2:37)

10. Take My Tip (The Manish Boys) (2:13)

11. Certain Woman (David Jones And The Lower Third) (3:31)

12. Glad I've Got Nobody  (David Jones And The Lower Third) (Early On 1964-1966) (2:28)

13. Today (Davie Jones) (Uuissued) (2:26)

14. I Want My Baby Back (Davie Jones) (Early On 1964-1966) (Unissued) (2:38)

15. I Live In Dreams (Davie Jones - Early On 1964-1966) (2:56)

16. Bars Of The Country Jail (Davie Jones - Early On 1964-1966) (2:06)

17. That's Where My Heart Is (Davie Jones - Early On 1964-1966) (2:40)

18. I Do Believe I Love You (Davie Jones -Unissued) (2:10)

19. You've Got A Habit Of Leaving (Alternative Overdub/Vocal) (David Jones And The Lower Third) (Making Time:  A Shel Talmy Production) (2:32)

20. I Pity The Fool (Alternative Vocal) (The Manish Boys - Early On 1964-1966) (2:11)

21. Baby Loves That Way (Alternative Vocal) ((David Jones And The Lower Third) (Unissued) (3:04)

22. Take My Tip (Alternative Vocal) (The Manish Boys - Early On 1964-1966) (2:18)


The Shel Talmy Recordings is a compilation album by David Bowie,  released on September 18, 2026 by Parlophone/Rhino.  CD Edition 22-Track containing 10 previously unreleased recordings/alternative takes from his 1965 sessions as Davie Jones., For Fans of David Bowie, and Music Collectors.








No comments :

Post a Comment