Thursday, September 3, 2026

The Riot Squad





















Artist:  The Riot Squad

Origin:  London, England

Genre:  Pop, Rock, Pop Rock, Mod, Freakbeat, Garage Rock, R&B, Soul, Psychedelic Rock, British Invasion


Original line-up:  1964


Graham Bonney:  Vocals, Guitar

Ron Ryan:  Guitar

Bob Evans:  Saxophone

Mark Stevens:  Keyboards, Organ

Mike Martin:  Bass

Mitch Mitchell:  Drums


2nd line-up:  1965


Graham Bonney:  Vocals, Guitar

Ron Ryan:  Guitar

Bob Evans:  Saxophone

Mark Stevens:  Keyboards, Organ

Brian Davies:  Bass, Backing Vocals

Mitch Mitchell:  Drums


3rd line-up:  1967


David Bowie:  Lead Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica

Bob Evans:  Saxophone, Flute, Vocals

Rod "Rook" Davis:  Guitar

Brain "Croak" Prebble:  Bass, Vocals

George "Butch" Davis:   Keyboards, Piano

Derek "Del" Roll:  Drums


4th line-up:  1967


Bob Evans:  Saxophone, Flute, Vocals

Keith "Nero" Gladman:  Lead Vocals

Terry Clifford:  Guitar

Rodger Crisp:  Bass

George "Butch" Davis:   Hammond Organ, Keyboards

Derek "Del" Roll:  Drums


The Riot Squad were a Pop Group from London, formed in 1964 by Ron Ryan (Guitar), Graham Bonney (Vocals), Bob Evans (Saxophone), Mark Stevens (Keyboards), Mike Martin (Bass), and Mitch Mitchell (Drums, later famous with The Jimi Hendrix Experience).  Ron Ryan had earlier in the decade, written songs and arrangements for The Dave Clark Five, largely uncredited.  He left the band in early 1965.  The only constant member of the band was Bob Evans, who, after the band split for the first time, "reunited" The Riot Squad with all new musicians.  In early 1967, they were joined by David Bowie as Lead Vocals.











 

Title:  I Take It That We're Through Anthology 1965-1967 (2026)

Genre:  Pop, Rock, Pop Rock, Mod, Freakbeat, Garage Rock, R&B, Soul, Psychedelic Rock, British Invasion

Label:  Strawberry/Cherry Red Records

Rating:   *****


Format:  CD


Tracks:


Disc 1:  The Singles


 1.  Anytime. (2:41)

 2.  Jump (2:20)

 3.  I Wanna Talk About My Baby (2:34)

 4. Gonne Make You Mine (1:59)

 5.  Nevertheless (I Love You) (1:58)

 6.  Not A Great Talker (2:05)

 7.  Cry, Cry, Cry (2:51)

 8.  How Is It Done (2:51)

 9.  I Take It We're Through (2:50)

10. Working Man (3:07)

11. It's Never Too Late To Forgive ((3:07)

12. Try To Realise (2:29)

13. Gotta Be A First Time (3:03)

14. Bitter Sweet Love (3:14)


1965 Acatate


15. The Monkey Time (Acetate) (2:15)

16. Monkeying Around (Acetate) (2:14)


Joe Meek Tea Chest Tapes Sessions:


17. Who's Fooling Who (3:02)

18. I Beg To Heaven (2:35)

19. Walking On Ice (Take 1) (2:26)

20. It's Never Too Late To Forgive (3:07)

21. Cry, Cry, Cry (Take 10, Original Speed) (3:03)

22. Cry, Cry, Cry (Take 2, Original Speed) (2:55)

23. Try To Realise (Take 2, Early Version) (2:33)

24. Try To Realise (Take 9) (2:29)

25. If I Didn't Love Her So (Take 7) (2:47)

26. Who's Fooling Who (Take 3) (3:17)

27. Gotta Be A First Time (Early Version) (2:25)

28. That's Tough (Stereo Balance) (2:20)

29. Gotta Be A First Time (Take 4, Early Version) (3:35)


Disc 2:  Joe Meek Tea Chest Tapes Sessions (Continued):


 1.  If I Didn't Love Her (Stereo Balance) (2:35)

 2.  Gotta Be A First Time (Stereo Overdub) (3:35)

 3.  Bitter Sweet Love (Take 3, Overdub Session) (3:40)

 4.  It's Never Too Late To Forgive (3:11)

 5.  Walking On Ice (Take 4, Stereo Balance) (2:35)

 6.  Walking On Ice (Take 8, Stereo Balance) (2:45)

 7.  Wanna Lover (Take 3, Stereo Balance) (3:18)

 8.  How It Is Done (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (3:01)

 9.  How It Is Done (Take 7, Stereo Balance) (3:04)

10. Working Man (Take 1, Stereo Balance) (3:30)

11. How It Is Done (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (3:43)

12. I Beg To Heaven (Take 10, Stereo Balance) (3:04)

13. I Take It We're Through (Take 3, Alternative Early Version) (2:49)

14. I Take It We're Through (Take 5, Alternative Early Version) (2:42)

15. Rhtym (Take 8, Underdub) (2:27)

16. Comin' Home Baby (Take 8) (2:26)

17. Outrage (Take 7) (2:33)

18. Gotta Be A First Time (Take 9) (3:33)

19. Try To Realise (Flute Version) (2:40)

20. It's Never Too Late To Forgive (3:04)

21. I Take It We're Through (Early Version) (2:47)

22. I Take It We're Through (Take 5, Overdub) (2:37)

23. I Take It We're Through (Take 25, Overdub) (2:51)

24. I Think I'm Falling In Love (Take 6, Flip & The Riot Squad) (2:14)

25. Hush-A-Bye (Take 3, Flip & The Riot Squad) (2:19)

26. Try To Realise (Take 8, Backing Track) (2:31)

27. Unknown Backing Track with Flute (Take 4) (2:33)


Disc 3:  Glenda, Nero & The Riot It's Riot Sessions (From The Joe Meek Tea Chest Tapes)


1.  You've Been Cheatin' (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (3:03)

 2.  I (Who Have Nothing) (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad) (2:52)

 3.  Can I Get A Witness (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad) (2:35)

 4.  Everybody Loves A Good Time (2:21)

 5.  You're Nobody Until Somebody Loves You (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad) (2:01)

 6.  Magic Star (Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad)(2:21)

 7.  One Way Love (Take 2, Edit Piece( (Stereo Balance)) (2:22)

 8.  Dancing In The Street (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad) (3:14)

 9.  Mocking Bird (Take 5, Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad) (2:33)

10. Um, Um, Um, Um, Um (Take 8, Stereo Balance) (2:48)

11. In The Midnight Hour (Take 2, Stereo Balance) (2:47)

12. Lover Come Back To Me (Take 3, Stereo Balance) (Glenda Collins & The Riot Squad) (2:29)


Demos Featuring David Bowie:


13. Toy Soldier (2:27)

14. I'm Waiting For The Man (4:02)

15. Silly Boy Blue (3:18)

16. Silver Treetop School For Boys (1:52)


Making Up For The Lost Time:


17. Ain't No Mountain High Enough (2:53)

18. Say You Don't Mind (2:54)

19. Hours And Hours  (2:54)

20. The Vicar's Daughter (2:23)

21. Old Black Car (2:49)

22. Everything Gonna Be Alright (2:24)

23. Making Time (2:50)

24. Morning Dew (3:25)

25. Little Toy Soldier (2:01)

26. Like A Rolling Stone (4:15)

27. Freakin' Out (Steppin' Out) (2:42)


I Take It That We're Through Anthology 1965-1967 is the Anthology Box Set by The Riot Squad, released on August 21, 2026 by Strawberry/Cherry Red Records.  For Music Lovers and Music Collectors.













 

No comments :

Post a Comment