Sunday, August 2, 2026

The Duprees


 
















Artist:  The Duprees

Origin:   Jersey City, New Jersey USA

Genre:  Doo-Wop, Traditional Pop, Bid Band Vocal, Early Rock & Roll, Romantic Ballads, Vocal Group, Oldies, Harmony Vocal Group


Original line-up:


Joey Canzano: (Joey Vann):  Lead Vocals

Michael Arnone:  Baritone

John Salvato:  Second Tenor

Joseph Santollo:  First Tenor

Thomas Bialoglow:  Bass


The Duprees are an American Vocal Group known for blending Doo-Wop Harmonies.  The Group was founded in the early 1960s in Jersey City, New Jersey, theh achieed massie sccess by giving Smooth, Romantic Rock 'N' Roll updates to Pre-Rock Pop Standards.  Their definitive signature song, "You Belong To Me",l reached No. 7 on The Billboard Hot 100 in 1962.











Title:  The Duprees - All Time Greatest Hits (2002)

Genre:  Doo-Wop, Traditional Pop, Bid Band Vocal, Early Rock & Roll, Romantic Ballads, Vocal Group, Oldies, Harmony Vocal Group

Label:  Vaase Sarabande

Rating:   *****


Format:  CD


Tracks:


 1.  You Belong To Me (2:38)

 2.  Take Me As I Am (2:48)

 3.  My Own True Love (2:30)

 4.  I'd Rather Be Here In Your Arms (2:13)

 5.  I Wish I Could Believe You (2:22)

 6.  Gone With The Wind (2:38)

 7.  Let's Make Love Again (3:02)

 8.  Why Don't You Believe Me (2:39)

 9.  The Things I Love (2:29)

10. Have You Heard (2:31)

11. (It's No) Sin (2:3)

12. Where Are You? (2:11)

13. Please Let Her Know (2:29)

14. So Many Have Told Me (2:15)

15. I'm Yours (2:37)

16. My Special Angel (3:04)

17. Goodnight My Love (2:30)

18. Two Diffefent Worlds (3:15)


The Duprees - All Time Greatest Hits is the compilation album by The Duprees, was released on June 25, 2002 by Varese Sarabande.  For Fans of Doo-Wop Music.







No comments :

Post a Comment