Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Gerry and the Pacemakers


 


















Artist:  Gerry And The Pacemakers

Origin:  Liverpool, England

Genre:  Pop, Rock, Rock & Roll, Merseybeat, British Invasion


Original line-up:


Gerry Marsden:  Lead Vocals, Guitar

Les Chadwick:  Bass

Arthur "Mack" McMahon:  Piano

Freddie Marsden:  Drums, Backing Vocals


Gerry And The Pacemakers were an English Beat Group from Liverpool, formed in 1956 by Gerry Marsden (Lead Vocals, Guitar), with his brother Freddie Marsden (Drums), along with Les Chadwick (Bass), and Arthur "Mack" McMahon (Piano).  In Common with The Beatles, they came from Liverpool, were managed by Brian Epstein and recorded by George Martin.  Their early success helped make popular the Merseybeat Sound of the mid-1960s.  They were the first act to reach No. 1 in the UK Singles Chart with their first three single releases:  "How Do You Do It?", "I Like It", and "You'll Never Walk Alone".  Another of their most famous songs "Ferry Cross The Mersey".












Title:  I Like It! Anthology 1963-1966 (Box Set, 3 CD) (2024)

Genre:  Pop, Rock, Rock & Roll, Merseybeat, British Invasion

Label:  Strawberry Records

Rating:   *****


Format:  CD


Tracks:


Disc 1:


 1.  How Do You Do It?

 2.  Away From You

 3.  I Like It

4.  It's Happened To Me

 5.  A Shot Of Rhythm And Blues

 6.  Jambalaya

 7.  Where Have You Been All My Life?

 8.  Here's Hoping

 9.  Pretend

10. Mabelline

11. You'll Never Walk Alone

12. The Wrong Yo Yo

13. You're The Reason

14. Chills

15. You Can't Fool Me

16. Don't You Ever

17. Summertime

18.  Slow Down

19. It's All Right

20. I'll Be There (First Version)

21. Don't Ever Stray

22. Hello Little Girl

23. I'm The One

24. You've Got What I Like

25. Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying

26. Show Me That You Care

27. I'll Be There (Second Version No String)

28. Give Me All Your Love (No Strings)

29. Come Back To Me (No Strings)

30. Dizzy Miss Lizzy (Live)

31. My Babe (Live)

32. Away From You (Live)

33. What'd I Say (Live)


Disc 2:


 1.  Ferry Cross The Mersey

 2.  It's Gonna Be All Right

 3.  Why Oh Why

 4.  Fall In Love

 5.  Think About Love

 6.  This Thing Called Love

 7.  Baby You're So Good To Me

 8.  I'll Wait For You

 9.  She's The Only Girl For Me

10. You You You

11. It's Just Because

12. My Love Forever

13. I'll Be There (Second Single Version With Strings)

14. What'd I Say (Studio Version)

15. Reelin' And Rockin'

16. Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

17. Rip It Up

18. You Win Again

19. How I'm Alone

20. My Babe

21. I Count The Tears

22. It'll Be Me

23. Skinny Minnie

24. When Oh When

25. Hallelujah I Love Her So

26. Tomorrow

27. I'll Make It Up All Up To You

28. Give Me All Your Love (With Strings)

29. Come Back To Me (With Strings)

30. Walk Hand In Hand

31. Dreams


Disc 3:


 1.  Today I'm In Love

 2.  La La La

 3.  Without You

 4.  Girl On A Swing

 5.  Fool To Myself

 6.  The Way You Look Tonight

 7.  The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine

 8.  On A Wonderful Day Like Today

 9.  Tonight

10. Strangers In The Night

11. Who Can I Turn You On

12. See You In September

13. Pretty Flamingo

14. The End Of the Rainbow

15. Guantanamara

16. Looking For My Life

17. Anyone At All

18. Introduction (Live Oakland Auditorium)

19. Dizzy Miss Lizzy (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

20. I Like It (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

21. My Babe (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

22. Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

23. Slow Down (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

24. I'm The One (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

25. Away From You (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

26. A Shot Of Rhythm And Blues (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

27. How Do You Do It (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

28. What'd I Say (Live, Oakland Auditorium)

29. Don't Let The Sun Cath You Crying (Stereo Version)

30. Ferry Cross The Mersey (Stereo Version)

31. It's Gonna Be Alright (Stereo Version)

32. I'll Be There (Second Version With Strings)

33. Walk Hand In Had

34. Looking For My Life


I Like It! Anthology 1963-1966 is the collection Box Set by Gerry And The Pacemakers, released on August 16, 2024 by Strawberry Records.  3 CD Box Set, featuring 98 Tracks, including the hit singles "How Do You Do It?", "I like It", "You'll Never Walk Alone", "I'm The One", "Ferry Cross The Mersey", and many more!.










No comments :

Post a Comment