Friday, August 8, 2014

Coco Montoya


























Artist:  Coco Montoya
Birth Name:   Henry Montoya
Born:  October 2, 1951.  Santa Monica, California, USA
Genre:  Blues, Blues Rock, Blue-Eyed Soul
Occupations:  Musician, Songwriter
Instruments:  Vocals, Guitar

Coco Montoya is an American Blues Guitarist and Singer, former member of John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers.  He began his career in the mid 1970s when Albert Collins asked him to join his band as Drummer, and Collins taught him his "Icy Hot" Guitar Style.  He left Collins' band, in the early 1980s John Mayall asked him to join the newly reformed Bluesbreakers for 10 years and in 1995 he has recorded several Solo Albums.  He followed in the footsteps of Eric Clapton, Mick Taylor and Peter Green.














Title:  Songs From The Road (Double CD) (2014)
Genre:  Blues, Blues Rock, Blue-Eyed Soul
Label:  Ruf Records
Rating:   *****

Tracks:

Disc 1: 

 1.  I Got A Mind To Travel  (5:21)
 2.  Hey Senorita  (5:45)
 3.  Too Much Water  (6:10)
 4.  The One Who Really Loves You  (8:43)
 5.  Love Jail  (10:35)
 6.  Don't Go Makin' Plans  (11:14)
 7.  I Wish I Could Be That Strong  (7:10)

Disc 2:  

 1.  Fannie Mae  (7:45)
 2.  I Need Your Love In My Life  (7:07)
 3.  Good Days Bad Days  (15:40)
 4.  I Want It All Back  (10:35)
 5.  I Won't Beg  (7:29)
 6.  You'd Think I'd Know Better By Now  (8:25)
 7.  My Side Of The Fence  (8:22)

Personnel:

Coco Montoya:  Vocals, Guitar
Nathan Brown:  Bass
Brant Leeper:  Keyboards, Vocals
Rena Beavers:  Drums, Vocals

Songs From The Road is the ninth studio album by Coco Montoya, was released on May 19, 2014 by Ruf Records, with Double CD Set high quality and very exciting, he is the one of Todays Great Bluesmen.  Highly Recommended!.

No comments :

Post a Comment